Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14: Worship with Photoshop?

This is really cool.
Brace yourself... It's going to make you want to learn all about photoshop.
I'm sure there are some dangerous metaphors you could make about recreating Jesus in our image/idolatry/tweaking Jesus to look how we want... blah, blah, blah. I'm not going there. I think this is great because it's a short video about an extremely talented artist using his gifts to bless others with something that reminds them of Jesus. That. is. Cool.

So does this fall into your category of 'Worship'?
I mean I know that we can't know what's going through his head, but do you think the process of creation can be considered an act of worship? Under what conditions is making art = worship?

Just some questions for thought.
Maybe not even requiring answers, but still demanding thought nonetheless.

A Portrait of Christ from Jeremy Cowart on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment