Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3: Loving Youtube + John Butler



I love youtube.
Its the closest thing we have to those magic mirrors like in Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, or any of those other incredible fairy tales.
We can conveniently glimpse into the lives of people and experiences that we otherwise wouldn't get to share in.
It's magical.

So I'm going to post lots of youtube videos till I get my feet under me regarding what I want to write about on here.

Today's present comes from my vast repertoire of Youtube Favorites.

I love this video.
Its an instrumental song entitled 'Ocean', performed by John Butler.

A couple reasons why I love this so much:
- I always remember this song when I think about things I love to watch on Youtube. Its one of my all-time faves.
- I think when you love what you do, it affects other people. When you create something with as much passion and focus as John Butler does, I think there's something irresistibly infectious... and I know that might sound gross, but I mean it in the best way. I think the care he puts into playing the song, and the emotion he pours into his playing might not be obviously featured, but I think its subconsciously felt and enjoyed. When you love what you do, others can tell.
- I've talked to some friends about Music being storytelling. I think this is one of the best examples I know of when a song isn't just accompanying storytelling, but the music itself actually has its own intro, themes, rise, fall, climactic moment, etc. I'm still not sure on all these thoughts, but I like this song because it doesn't need lyrics to tell a story.

Ok. that's enough rambling about this video.
Hope it melts your face into a wonderful smile.
Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment